Making flavored detox drink has been one of my favorite habits for a very long time. Not only do they taste a lot better than most store-bought lemony waters, but they also come with antioxidants that help detoxify my body, and also increase my daily water intake. There are countless recipes I enjoy making, but one of my absolute favorites is the belly slimming detox water, which mixes up fresh fruits and vegetables to help me fuel up, slim down, and also treat myself.
With summer not very far away, your water intake needs to increase in order to keep your body hydrated. The slimming detox drink tastes fabulous, keeps you refreshed, and makes a wonderful alternative to water, so you will no longer have a reason not to drink the recommended 8-12 glasses of liquids.
Read on about the benefits of the slimming water, and learn how to make your own using the recipe below.
Packed with Nutrients and Antioxidants
The slimming detox water mixes some of the freshest and most watery ingredients in your kitchen. On top of that, it combines different flavors that create a unique drink you can sip on all day long.
- 1. Lime and Lemon: Citrus fruits have a lot of benefits, as they will successfully reduce bloating, eliminate toxins from your body, and also aid digestion. Moreover, they are rich in vitamin C, which helps fight free radical damage.
- 2. Oranges: Just as lemons and limes, oranges are also very rich in vitamin C, and they also contain flavonoids as well as carotenoids that strengthen your immunity and reduce free radical damage in your body. At the same time, oranges are also sweeter and can add a lovely aroma to your detox drink.
- 3. Mint: Adding mint to the recipe will make it fresher, and will also enhance its aroma. Mint soothes the belly, stimulates digestive enzymes, and also improves digestion. Moreover, it can help with weight loss due to being very spicy.
- 4. Ginger: Having been shown to possess potential themogenic effects, ginger has a soothing effect on your body, reduces inflammation, calms your belly, and also suppresses your appetite.
- 5. Cucumber: Ideal for flushing out toxins, cucumbers are rich in vitamins A and C, and they can also reduce water retention due to their electrolytes.
- 6. Water: Probably the most important ingredient of all, water keeps your body hydrated, aids in weight loss, improves digestion, flushes out toxins, and positively impacts the way your skin looks.
How to Make Slimming Detox Water?
Making this drink is extremely easy, and you will need only a couple of ingredients to enjoy its bliss.
- 1 lime
- 1 orange
- 4-6 cups ice (optional)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 15-20 mint leaves
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- Wash the fruits and cucumber, then slice them carefully.
- Fill a large container with the ingredients, layering ice at the very bottom.
- Top with about 1 gallon cold water or more, depending on how concentrated you want the drink to be.
- Let the ingredients seep for at least 45 minutes.
In my point of view, drinking a glass of this detox water can improve the quality of your life considerably. Not only will it make you healthier, but it will also make drinking water more enjoyable. It will be an excellent way to cool down during summer, and an amazing opportunity to successfully flush out toxins and improve the way your body works.